(1) We welcome links to this website made in accordance with the terms of this linking policy.
(2) This linking policy is intended to assist you when linking to this website. By using this website you agree to be bound by the provisions of this linking policy.
(3) This document was created using an SEQ Legal template. See http://www.website-contracts.co.uk/acatalog/linking_policy.html
(4) Links to this website – Requirements:
Links pointing to this website should not be misleading.
Appropriate link text should always be used in links pointing to this website.
From time to time we may update the URL structure of our website, and unless we agree in writing otherwise, all links should point to www.iltva.org.
You must not use our logo to link to this website (or otherwise) without our prior express written permission.
You must not link to this website using any inline linking technique.
You must not frame the content of this website or use any similar technology in relation to the content of this website.
Entities and individuals linking to ILTVA shall not capture our pages within frames, present ILTVA content as its own or otherwise misrepresent ILTVA content. Furthermore, they shall not misinform users about the origin or ownership of ILTVA content. Certain information on our site(s) may be trademarked, service-marked or otherwise protected as intellectual property. Protected intellectual property must be used in accordance with state and federal laws and reflect the proper ownership of the intellectual property.
Any link to a ILTVA site(s) should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to site(s) unencumbered. The “Back” button should return the visitor to original site if the visitor wishes to back out.
(5) Links from this website
This website includes links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not endorsements or recommendations.
We have no control over the contents of third party websites, and we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
(6) Removal of links
You agree that, should we request the deletion of a link to our website that is within your control, you will delete the link promptly.
ILTVA reserves the right to remove links if it determines a linked Website contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the mission of ILTVA, or does not meet one or more of the criteria set forth above in this policy. The decision of the ILTVA General Counsel is final as to whether a link is to be removed. Links will be reviewed regularly and may be removed for the following reasons:
•The link no longer points to the original information or resource to which it was intended to point.
•The linked Website contains inaccurate or misleading information or has changed such that it is no longer in compliance with the acceptance criteria.
•The linked Website violates the conditions for link maintenance.
•Access to the information has become difficult due to non-standard formatting, lengthy download times or intrusive advertising.
•The link is permanently unreachable or remains unavailable for a lengthy period.
•The external Web site fails to comply with the written linking agreement, if any.
If you would like us to remove a link to your website that is included on this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: unless you have a legal right to demand removal, such removal will be at our discretion.
(7) Changes to this linking policy
We may amend this linking policy at any time by publishing a new version on this website.
(8) Acceptance Criteria – Links from ILTVA.org
This section outlines the criteria and requirements that external Websites must meet to have a link from our Web site. It also details how links are accepted and removed from the ILTVA Websites. We reserve the right to link to external Website(s) that provide a service or are otherwise of value to our users.
Our Website may have links to federal, state and local governments and trade associations that provide information and services benefiting users. We will, at our discretion, consider link requests to other Website(s) containing information or services that further the mission of ILTVA, including sites of ILTVA’s members or its members’ contracted vendors, relevant light vehicle industry-related associations and timely and relevant publications.
Our Website is not a forum for public debate. The criteria outlined in this section have been established to ensure our website remains a non-public forum.
Each link request we received must undergo review to determine its relevance and appropriateness to the mission of ILTVA. See www. https://iltva.org/mission/.
Approval is based on the following criteria:
- The external Website corresponds with the mission of ILTVA.
- The Website’s content is appropriate with respect to the mission of ILTVA
- The Website does not:
- exhibit hateful, biased, unlawfully discriminatory, pornographic, libelous or otherwise defamatory content;
- belong to or support a political affiliation; or
- further the agenda of a political organization or candidate running for office.
ILTVA reserves the right to deny links we determine a Website contains misleading or unsubstantiated claims, conflicts with the mission of ILTVA or does not meet the acceptance criteria set out in this policy.
(9) Review Process
- E-mail link addressed to email@example.com requests ILTVA , placing “Link Request” in the subject line. Each link request should address how the site meets the acceptance criteria set forth above.
- The link request will be reviewed against the acceptance criteria set forth above. The decision of the ILTVA General Counsel is final as to whether the requesting site may have a link from our Website.
- Approved sites must comply with the following conditions for link maintenance and may be required to enter into a written linking agreement with ILTVA.
(10) Conditions for Link Maintenance on ILTVA
To provide superior customer service for our Website, we require any Website(s) with a link from our site meet the following conditions to maintain that link:
- The linked site must provide the user with access to an e-mail address or a customer service telephone number to contact if there are problems with format, accuracy, timeliness or payment processing.
- Linked sites should not excessively burden the ILTVA customer support system or the link will be removed.
- Users must have easy access back to the ILTVA Website one of two ways:
- a link to ILTVA Web site(s) established on the external Website’s main page; or
- a “Back” button returning the user to the ILTVA Website.
Linked sites must have a privacy and security policy accessible from the home page informing the user of what personal information is collected, how it is collected and how it is used. ILTVA encourages linked sites to comply with industry-accepted accessibility standards to ensure users with disabilities may access these sites.
Linked sites must notify info@ILTVA.org if the linked site becomes inaccurate or inactive.
For questions and concerns regarding the linking policy, contact ILTVA at firstname.lastname@example.org.